Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pet Therapy Pups!


*OK I say pups, but they are full grown dogs, but to me they are all pups since they are just so loveable!


That’s right, we have wonderful dogs that come to the hospital wagging their tails and getting petted by all kinds of people.  From patients to Nurses, these puppies paws were pooped by the time they get to us on the 3rd floor.  Still they are calm and sweet natured and love to get petted. 

I work for a Christus Health Hospital  and this was the 2nd time (well at least for me)  the Pet therapy Pups have made their appearance on our floor.  The program has been with our local system for 7 years and started in the Children’s area.   They have since expanded to the Adult patients. 

After inquiring, I’ve learned they have about 8-10 dogs in the pool of pups, to pull from during the month, and they come visit the 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, which is so much fun to have them around. 
To be a Therapy Pup, you got to be certified through Pet Partners. I don’t know what the criteria or training involves.  Wonder if it’s a Doggy Boot Camp? LOL


I attached photo’s below of the two cute pups that visited recently and their owners.  I Like the Golden Lab best, he kept sneaking in kisses ;)  His name is Cooper, he is 5 years old , and he looked like "Doug"  from the Pixar movie UP! His human owner is Sherry. 

 

How can you NOT LOVE that happy cute face!??



This adorable beauty is Ella, a Shelty, & her human Tammy.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment