Saturday, April 6, 2013

My First Quilt

OK So several weeks ago. I was skimming through YouTube Crafting tutorials and came across this wonderful Lady, Vanessa Wilson, The Crafty Gemini ( Link to her Blog )


So after a week She posted a video on the Victorian Modern Quilt Along. I watched the first one and found it interesting. It wasn't until after the 2nd video where she explains how to cut and sew the pieces that I began digging through my stash of Scraps. I was rather lucky to have just enough to do the two sets of Squares and they all match each other!



The strips that I put around these piece however were a mismatch of Odd material I had laying around! Although I was Fortunate to have enough of the Red hearts to make a border around the whole thing :) Many thanks to my Aunt who let me borrow her table to get the layout correct for sewing later :)




My friends Cats wanted inspect my work.
Please note the mix of boarders.

When I get the completed quilt laid out I'll snap a photo and add it here later :)









No comments:

Post a Comment